Sunday, December 16, 2007

DAY FIVE

Well, on very little sleep (my kids just don't sleep well at other people's houses, so neither do I)., It took a while to get headed home. But that gave MiniMe a chance to go sledding with HockeyBoy and UncleE. They were gone an hour, and had a GREAT time testing out the new sled (yes, I made them open their gift's early, so I could see their faces). I had UncleE take the van, so I wouldn't have to move the Ginormous car seat. Besides, I was parked behind the Odyssey, so they couldn't get out.

UncleE's only comment was that he didn't really like pushing the buttons twice, to open the doors, with the frozen kids outside. I kind of agreed, until my sister asked how they prevent kids from using the remote start in a garage. Then I decided pushing each button twice was a good thing.

Incidentally, the remote start only runs a few minutes, then turns itself off - that may be a flaw, or it may be by design, so you warm the engine without running out of fuel?

I disabled the VES (Video Entertainment System) on the drive back, so my sleepy darlings would take a nap. Worked like a charm!

No comments: